1. One of your friends is usually exhausted for his work. What suggestions will you give to him if he wants to cultivate some personal interests?
2. Which of the following is the best way to learn about a city: to join an organized trip; to visit the museums; to take walks in the streets of its cities？
3. Choose between the following three that your school is planning to hold?
a. theater performance by student actors
b. concert by professional musicians
c. lectures by well-known professors
4. Imagine that you have to give up watching TV for one month. What would be the most difficult thing for you and why? Please include reasons and examples in your explanation.
5. It is generally agreed that the society benefits from the work of its members. Which type of contribution do you think is most valued by your society: primary school teachers, artists or nurses? Why?
6. Your degree requires that you should choose a history course. Which of the following courses would you prefer? Choose ONE of the three courses. Use specific details and examples to explain why.
(1) Art history;
(2) Twentieth-century world history;
(3) Science history.
7. Which of the following period do you consider is the most difficult one: Childhood, teen period, adulthood?
8. Which of the following qualities is the most important for someone to be successful, being highly motivated, hardworking or intelligent?
9. There are many events at school which are negative when we confronted initially, while which are getting positive after we experienced. Please give an example of events that are negative at first and positive later for you.
10. Some people prefer to learn about current events from watching television news programs. Others prefer to read about current events in newspaper or on the Internet. Which do you think is better and why?
11. Describe one or two ways your life may change five years from now. Please include specific reasons and details in your response. 160604CN
12. Which of the following inventions do you think has made the greatest impact on people in your country, the airplane, the computer, or the television? Please include specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
13. Nowadays many people find their social network on the internet, do you think it is a positive trend?
14. Many people like to choose to shop and buy items through internet, but some people do not like. Give specific details and examples to explain the disadvantages of buying items through internet.
15. Which one of the following three qualities do you think is the most important for a roommate? 1. Cleanness 2. Friendliness 3. Quietness